60-MILE EVENT: Trumbull County residents will participate in a 60-mile yard sale Saturday, Sunday and Monday along state Route 7, including Hubbard, Brookfield, Hartford, Kinsman, Yankee Lake and other communities.
The event is being coordinated with assistance from the Trumbull County Tourism Bureau, which had promoted locations along the route.
Residents and others along Route 7 will have signs posted of the sales. More information is available at www.OhioRoute7.com.
PARKING LOT BINGO: The Girard FIRST Robotics Team Booster Club will host a parking lot bingo fundraiser Wednesday at Bruster’s Ice Cream parking lot Wednesday. Games are $1 each, and cards can be bought online to guarantee a spot.
The lot opens 5:45 p.m. and bingo starts 6:30 p.m. Players can bring lawn chairs and sit outside in the lot or grassy area or remain in their cars for the 20 games of bingo with cash prizes. To purchase tickets, go to FIRST Robotics Delphi Team 379, the Robocats Facebook page or the school between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Numbers will be called over a radio frequency that you will be able to hear in the car. Extra coverall cards, a sheet of three for $2, extra sets of cards for $20 and 50 / 50 tickets for $1 each or six for $5 will be sold the night of the event.
BACK TO SCHOOL: The Warren City Health Department is hosting a “Back to School” immunization shot clinic 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday. Parents are asked to bring their child’s updated shot record. There is a $21.25 fee if the child does not have Medicaid.
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will be available for children 12 and older. Those children receiving a first dose of Pfizer will receive a $100 Visa gift card. For more information, call 330-841-2596.
FREE DRAWING FOR VETERANS: Leaf Home and Leaf Home Safety Solutions are giving away a stair lift to a chosen veteran in northeast Ohio through its Veterans Day Stair Lift Giveaway. The giveaway includes 22 counties in the region, including Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana.
Entries will be accepted throughout September so the staff can install the stair lift in time for Veterans Day on Nov. 11.
To enter, participants must submit their information or that of a loved one, along with one to two sentences on how the stair lift will help them in their life.
The giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. Sept. 30. For an entry and more information, visit www.leafhomesafetysolutions.com/contest.
MISSION SEEKS DONATIONS: New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles, will fill a box truck with items needed by the Community Store in the Red Bird Mission in Beverly, Ky. More information about Red Bird and the mission needs list is available online at www.rbmission.org.
Accepting new and used items, all donations can be brought to the church noon to 5 p.m. Sept. 30. No large furniture items will be accepted.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Sue, 330-240-4793.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Rust City Church, 5555 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles. A 12 step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Merle 330-307-7607.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.